There were several shots in the film in which an actor’s eyeline did not match the natural eyeline of the scene/conversation. This was caused by the non-linear shooting schedule and continuity errors…and of course this being my first time dealing with a project on this scale.
The errors are sometimes obvious, which requires a visual effect correction.
In the future I’ll provide a more detailed explanation, but essentially what I did was duplicate the shot twice, creating a ‘repositioned eye’ shot (moved over slightly to the left or right) and a ‘cut out’ shot (with the eyes cut out).
I had to add extensions of eye-whites, shading, red veins and room reflection, to give the eyes a natural appearance.
Sorry for the shoddy video — I realized I had created the example project using 30fps instead of the negative’s 24 and, interlaced. OOPS. I’m too tired to start it over again.
Anyhow, thanks for reading!